Cooking has become easier and easier over the years. That is because we have all kinds of appliances to help us. We have come a long way since the only thing we had was a steel stove with a fire underneath and a hearth. Every meal can be perfectly cooked in less time with less effort, and I love it.
I loved cooking since I was a child big enough to learn how to use the stove. One of my first challenges was to cook the perfect chicken. I struggled for years. I hated how I burned the bottom of the chicken, or how the cooking was uneven. We didn’t have a last generation oven back then, but now…not it’s an entirely different story. Now I can make the perfect chicken, but only with the help of a rotisserie. I bought one a couple of years back, and I will never let it go.
The advantages of using a rotisserie
As you can probably imagine, there are plenty benefits you can enjoy. A lot of people use this device, and I can see why.
- ü You will never burn a chicken again – as I mentioned above, the thing that ground my gears was that the bottom of the chicken was burnt just so the top part could be properly cooked. I have to admit that ovens today do an excellent job even without a rotisserie, but it is one thing to place a chicken on a tray and is another thing to put it in the middle of the oven. The heat will be even, the chicken will remain intact, and you can enjoy a perfectly cooked meal.
- ü It’s healthier – I think you already know that baked or boiled food is better than the one that is fried. You don’t need oil to cook on a rotisserie. You don’t need water or anything else. All you have to do is put all the spices on the food. No grease means healthy arteries. It’s a great option for people who are not allowed to eat fats.
- ü You don’t have to babysit the food anymore– most rotisseries have a timer, and when the time goes up, the heat will stop. The food will be ready and not overburnt. It’s like a slow cooker, only that it cooks on a steel rod. Imagine how it would be to come home to an already cooked meal. You prepare the chicken before leaving for work and place it in the rotisserie oven. Some models even keep the food warm after the time goes up, which means a hot meal can wait for you at home.
- ü Rotisseries come in various designs – of course, there is the rotisserie oven that you can put in your kitchen. Depending on the size, you can place it on a counter or in a larger place. And then there are grill rotisseries that can be installed on the grill. When it’s warm outside, and you want to have a barbecue, why not have a rotisserie cooked meal instead? From a medical point of view, rotisserie food is a lot better than grilled food. And don’t worry, you will not have to spin the rod yourself. Even grill rotisseries come with a small motor.
- ü The food will taste fantastic – last but not least, food that is cooked in a rotisserie oven is delicious. A chicken, for example, will have no fats but will keep the juices. Put some herbs inside the chicken, and it will have even more flavor. This is the only way I cook chicken now. I tried to make one in the oven, but it’s just not the same.
What to look for in the best rotisserie
I have to admit that when I bought mine, I didn’t do much research. And that cost me a little bit. It’s still an excellent device, but I could have bought a better one for the same money. Anyway, don’t make the same mistake I made and do your homework. It’s less confusing to search among hundreds of products when you know what you want. But here is what you should pay attention to.
- ü Cost – determining a budget would be a great start. I say that because there are plenty of rotisseries and different price ranges. Once you established a budget, you can move on. At least you know how much you are willing to spend. Also, don’t alter the budget along the way.
- ü Vertical or horizontal – a rotisserie is traditionally a horizontal rod over a fire, but we don’t use those anymore. You can choose from both horizontal and vertical bars. Personally, I like the horizontal rotisserie because I can load two medium-sized chickens without fearing they will slide down. The rotisseries come with safety features, but still. Both kinds have the same features and benefits. It’s only the position of the rod that differs. So you can choose according to your preferences.
- ü Capacity – when it comes to capacity, rotisseries come in different sizes. Capacity means how many pounds can the rod hold or how large the oven is. If you are a person living alone, the smaller, the better. However, if you have a large family, one small chicken will not be enough. You need a larger rotisserie. Keep in mind that some rotisseries can hold turkeys as well. You just have to read the specifications of the products you chose and see which one can accommodate such a large bird.
- ü Durability – a rotisserie is not something you buy every year. At least that is how it should be. I am not saying that you need to spend hundreds of dollars on a cooking device, but don’t go for the cheapest. Otherwise, you will be buying a new rotisserie in a couple of years. Do you buy an oven every two or three years? No. So why a rotisserie should make any difference?
- ü Temperature settings – some rotisseries can cook at a higher temperature than others, and the temperature settings may differ. While some models provide preset controls for convenience, some of them require you to set the degrees for more precision. You can go with whichever you like, but I tend to believe that it’s better to make your own settings.
There are probably a lot of other things that matter to you, but I believe the ones I mentioned above are the most important. As long as you look at these criteria, you can’t go wrong.
What are the best rotisseries?
There are a lot of models you can choose from, some better than others. The one you choose is entirely up to you, but I have a few suggestions of my own that I think you are going to like.
Ronco 400 Series Rotisserie
You may have heard of this rotisserie on TV. It had a few commercials. You may recognize the slogan ‘set it and forget it.’ I have to admit that I didn’t expect an ‘as seen on tv’ product to be that good. I usually think they are all rubbish, but this rotisserie isn’t.
The Ronco has a very beautiful design. It has a polished stainless steel exterior that will look amazing on your kitchen counter. As far as capacity goes, it can cook up to a 15-pound turkey. But you can make a 10-pound ham, four salmon steaks, fifteen Italian sausages, two 5-pound chickens, barbecue ribs, fish, and whatever else fits. The possibilities are endless.
The rotisserie is very easy to use. All the instructions are clear, and if you have trouble with it just read the manual. You can control the rotisserie and set it for normal rotation, no heat rotation, and pause-to-sear. It has a precise rotation speed that ensures self-basting. The heat circulates evenly and will cause any excess fat to drip away. The timer will allow a cooking time of maximum three hours, and you can monitor the stage in which your food is through the glass door.
The Ronco is easy to clean. The baskets, spit rods, and the glass door can be washed in the dishwasher. The rest you need to do yourself. If you don’t want too much grease inside the rotisserie, you can place tinfoil at the bottom. It will make your job a lot easier. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Char-Broil Premium Electric Rotisserie
This is another kind of rotisserie. You can install it over a grill and cook the food with actual fire. It can be mounted on grill castings from Char-Broil, but it works on grills made by other manufacturers as well. All you have to pay attention to is the measurements. It can be used with most 3- and 4- burner grills.
Just because you cook with actual fire, that doesn’t mean you have to rotate the rod yourself. A small motor will do that for you. This rotisserie is electric, and all you have to do is place it on the grill. The motor can only be turned on and off. There are no other features like speed adjustment.You will receive two complete sets of brackets which are very easy to install.
The rotisserie can hold as much as 20 pounds, so you can easily cook a turkey on Thanksgiving Day. Provided that the weather outside allows it. The spit rod measures 39-1/2 inches and is included in the package. You will also receive two 4-prong meat forks.
From what I’ve seen online, people complain about a lot of irrelevant things. One of the most common complaints is that the motor is not strong enough. The motor is just fine. It’s just that people don’t balance the food on the rod properly, which is why the motor has a hard time spinning the rod. People should learn to use things properly before complaining. The Char-Broil is indeed a high-quality rotisserie, which is why it is on my list of best rotisseries. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Cuisinart TOB-200 Rotisserie Convection Toaster Oven
As I said, there are various types of rotisseries, and this one is a multi-purpose device. I always liked kitchenware from Cuisinart. I have a couple at home, and I was never disappointed by them. As I said, this rotisserie can cook various foods. It has 12 cooking functions which include convection and rotisserie.
The Cuisinart Rotisserie will not only cook even toast, but it can make delicious chickens as well. The capacity of the device is 0.75 cubic feet, which can accommodate a 4-pound chicken or a 5-pound duck. You can also fit a 12ʺ pizza and 6 slices of bread. It’s pretty spacious for such a little device. It is also equipped with an exact heat sensor so that the temperature inside is always precise.
The controls are easy to use. You have a digital screen that will display the chosen function. The turning button will help you select those functions. Rotisserie mode and convection mode can be chosen directly from the control panel. There are two buttons that are hard to miss. The screen will also display the temperature inside the oven. It’s very easy to handle. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
All three rotisseries are very good, and they enjoy thousands of positive reviews. And they should because they are excellent products. But my number one recommendation is the Ronco model. It has everything you would expect from a rotisserie oven, and it would look amazing on my kitchen counter. I already wishlisted it. In my opinion, The Ronco is one of the best rotisseries ever created.
Choosing the best rotisserie for you is an easy task if you know what you are looking for. If you have not idea what you’re doing, take my advice and try one of the products described above. I am sure that one of them will satisfyyour needs and will not disappoint. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Definitions of Rotisserie Chicken Oven
- The History of Rotisserie Recipes Refuted
- What You Need to Know About Rotisserie Machine
- Reported Buzz on Bbq Rotisserie Uncovered
- Top Choices of Best Rotisserie Oven
- One of the Most Incredibly Neglected Answers for Rotisserie Cooker
- The Recently Leaked Secrets to Rotisserie Chicken Recipes Uncovered
- The New Angle On Showtime Rotisserie Just Released
- The Foolproof Rotisserie Chicken Strategy
- Top Chicken Rotisserie Reviews!
- The One Thing to Do for Rotisserie
- Rotisserie Oven Can Be Fun for Everyone
- The Secrets of Rotisserie Oven for Sale Revealed
- The Tried and True Method for Oven Rotisserie in Step by Step Detail
- What You Don’t Know About Rotisserie for Bbq
- One Simple Tip About Charcoal Grill with Rotisserie Revealed
- The Characteristics of Ronco Rotisserie Chicken
- Recipes Using Rotisserie Chicken – Is it a Scam?
- A Simple Trick for Gas Grill Rotisserie Unveiled
- The Unexplained Puzzle Into Grill Rotisserie
- The Demise of Gas Grill with Rotisserie
- The Advantages of Grill with Rotisserie
- Why Everyone Is Talking About Rotisserie Bbq and What You Have to Do
- What You Should Do About Vertical Rotisserie Starting in the Next 15 Minutes
- Un-Answered Problems With Home Rotisserie Uncovered
- Underrated Questions on Rotisserie Chicken Cooker You Should Think About
- What Everybody Dislikes About Gas Bbq with Rotisserie and Why
- The Do This, Get That Guide On Rotisserie Grill
- Secret Answers to Chicken Rotisserie Machine Uncovered
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About Charcoal Rotisserie and How It Can Affect You
- Shortcuts to Chicken Rotisserie Oven Only the Pros Know About
- Top Advice on Rotisserie Chicken Machine
- The Key to Successful Bbq with Rotisserie
- The Rotisserie Oven Reviews Game
- Who is Worried About Rotisserie Spit and Why You Need to be Paying Attention